Recipe For Hope Instructions
Setting up your bake sale should be a lot of fun. Here’s what you will need:
- 1 table and 1-2 chairs
- Variety of baked goods (i.e., cookies, brownies, cupcakes)
- Especially good to also offer a nut free option like marshmallow krispy treats
- Sign telling customers you are offering baked goods for a donation.
- Copy of Children’s Hope Chest brochure (will come in kit with your t-Shirt)
- Offer beverages with baked goods (i.e., bottled water, lemonade, Gatorade, etc). Don’t forget cups and napkins!
- Use a yellow plastic tablecloth for table. The brighter the yellow the better to attract customers
- Have an envelope or cash box to collect money (have an adult be in charge of holding all of the cash)
- Be able to make change of at least $20 (have singles and $5 bills available)
- Keep ingredients for all baked goods in case someone has allergies
- Read the Children’s Hope Chest brochure and/or review the website before the bake sale to make sure you know all that we do
- Develop a rain plan. Set up bake sale in front of movie theatre, library, bookstore, bowling alley, etc. If cold, possibly offer hot chocolate or coffee
- Make sure you smile and talk to everyone!!!!!